Dr. Ahmed Kamal (born April 5, 1956 in Hyderabad, Telangana) better known as Ahmed Kamal is the first Pro-Vice Chancellor of Jamia Hamdard since 2017, a Scientist at the Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT), Hyderabad and a former visiting scientist at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada. He is also a Fellow of National Academy of Sciences, India and Royal Society of Chemistry.
Education[edit | edit source]
Ahmed Kamal is a graduate of Osmania University, Hyderabad (India) from where he obtained his Masters degree in Organic Chemistry. He did his Ph.D. in the area of Medicinal Chemistry from the Aligarh Muslim University.
Awards[edit | edit source]
- CSIR Young Scientist Award in Chemical Sciences (1991)
- Best Patent Award from the Indian Drug Manufacturers Association (2005)
- Medal from the Chemical Research Society of India (2005)
- Ranbaxy Research Award in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences (2005)
- UKIERI Standard Award for Biomedical Solutions between India and UK (2006)
- OPPI Scientist Award from the Organization of Pharmaceutical Producers of India (2009)
- Fellow of the A. P. Academy of Sciences (2010)
Reference[edit | edit source]
- "Vice Chancellor". www.jamiahamdard.ac.in. Retrieved 2020-11-04.
- "The National Academy of Sciences, India - Fellows". www.nasi.org.in. Retrieved 7 November 2020.
- "India's Ahmed Kamal named among top 2% scientists in world by Stanford". India Today. Retrieved 7 November 2020.