|Died||13 September 2020 (aged 71)|
|Occupation||Actor, director, playwright|
Biography[edit | edit source]
He was born on 20 January 1949, in Karanjia, Mayurbhanj district, Odisha. Ajit has been involved in drama since he was a child. His grandfather Sudhir Chandra Das was a playwright and he had a play troupe in Mayurbhanj. While there, he became interested in acting.
Career[edit | edit source]
Das started working in the world of Ollywood through the film Sindura Bindu, set in the 16th century. He played the villain in the film, which was directed by Dhir Bishwal. Since then, he has acted in many Odia films as a hero and character actor. In addition to feature films, Ajit has also acted in Doordarshan and Manch Natak.
Death[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Orissa reference: glimpses of Orissa. TechnoCAD Systems. 2001.
- "ଖ୍ୟାତନାମା ଓଡ଼ିଆ ଚଳଚ୍ଚିତ୍ର ଅଭିନେତା ଅଜିତ ଦାସଙ୍କ ଦେହାନ୍ତ". ସମ୍ବାଦ (in Odia). Bhubaneswar: sambad.in. 13 September 2020. Archived from the original on 14 September 2020. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- ଧରିତ୍ରୀ ୨୧/୦୫/୨୦୧୪ ପୃଷ୍ଠା ୧୧ରେ ପ୍ରକାଶିତ ଧରିତ୍ରୀ ଆଳାପ
- "Tele serial bags award". 18 May 2010 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "A captivating play". The New Indian Express.
- "Veteran Ollywood Star Ajit Das Passes Away, Had Tested Positive For COVID-19 | Odisha". 13 September 2020.