This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (October 2020)
|Birth name||Akashdeep Singh|
|Born||27 August 1992|
Amritsar, Punjab, India
Akashdeep Singh (born 27 August 1992), better known by his stage name Akash D, is an Indian music director, Indie-pop singer, rapper and lyricist.[a][b] He was born in a Sikh family from Amritsar Punjab. He started his career as a Music composer and Lyricist and has worked with many Punjabi and Bollywood artists. Akash D's debut was "Sip Sip", which later featured in Diljit Dosanjh and Kriti Sanon's starred Bollywood movie Arjun Patiala in 2019.
Early life[edit | edit source]
Akash D was born in Amritsar, Punjab. His father Amarjit Singh is a businessman, while his mother Maninder Kaur is a homemaker. He studied at Baba Isher Singh Senior Secondary School, Amristar. He did B.sc in Multimedia. After completing his B.sc Degree In Multimedia. He is shifted to Mumbai to fulfill his dream in Music and singing back in 2015. He also worked as an assistant for various renowned music directors from 2015 to 2017.
Career[edit | edit source]
He sang, composed and wrote his first Single Independent song "Sip Sip" which released in December 2018. In April 2019, the same song "Sip Sip" has been taken by Maddock Films and T-Series bannered Bollywood movie Arjun Patiala which is starred by Diljit Dosanjh, Sunny Leone and Kriti Sanon.
Discography[edit | edit source]
Singles[edit | edit source]
|2018||"Sip Sip"||Akash D||Akash D||Akash D||Hindi / Punjabi|
|2020||"Nain"||Akash D||Akash D||Akash D||Hindi / Punjabi|
Film songs[edit | edit source]
|2019||Arjun Patiala||Sip Sip||Akash D||Akash D||Akash D|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The reviewer states: "Akash D's lyrics and music are sure to haunt audiences, especially the oft-repeated "Sip sip kar piyunga, par piyunga bottle saari." (I'll take sips, but will surely finish the bottle)
- 'Sip Sip' is sung by Guru Bhullar and music of the song is given by Akash D. Lyrics of 'Arjun Patiala' song 'Sip Sip' are written by Akash D
References[edit | edit source]
- "Akashdeep Singh, a singer-rapper-lyricist, who goes by the stage name Akash D". The Tribune. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- ""Arjun Patiala' starring Diljit Dosanjh and Kriti Sanon". The Times Of India. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Arjun Patiala music review: This soundtrack has little to offer other than mediocre Punjabi rap". Firstpost. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- "Latest Punjabi Song Sip Sip Sung By Guru Bhullar Featuring Akash D". The Times Of India. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "Arjun Patiala's New Song, Sip Sip, Released! Diljit Dosanjh Busts a Move in New Video". Masala!. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- "Akash D, shifted to Mumbai to fulfill his dream back in 2015. This was just after completing a degree in multimedia". The Tribune. Retrieved 18 July 2019.
- "Arjun Patiala : Sip Sip (video) Diljit Dosanjh, Kriti Sanon, Varun S, Guru Bhullar Feat. Akash D". T-Series. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "'Sip Sip' is a single that Akash D and Guru Bhullar released late last year on T Series' Punjabi channel, the song is reused as is for Arjun Patiala". The Hindu. Retrieved 26 July 2019.
- "Diljit and Kriti, launched today on social media is titled 'Sip Sip' and has been sung by Akash D who has also composed the music for the track and written it". The Statesman. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Akash D : Nain (Official Video)". A-Beat Records. Retrieved 9 April 2020.