|Died||Template:Death date and given age|
Alex (1959 – 1 May 2011) was an Indian actor and magician. He appeared in over 100 Tamil films after making his debut in Rajinikanth's production Valli (1993) and won awards for his portrayal of characters in Mitta Miraasu and Kovilpatti Veeralakshmi.
The state government had conferred the Kalaimamani award on the actor, who also received the state award for the best character award for his performance in Mitta Miraasu (2001). Alex had also worked as an office-bearer of the South Indian Film Artistes' Association. He was in The Guinness Book of World Records and the Limca Book of Records for performing magic non-stop for 24 hours.
He died at a private hospital in Chennai on 1 May 2011 following a brief illness aged 52. He was survived by his wife and two daughters.
|Portal maintenance status: (June 2018)
- "Tamil actor Alex dies". The Times of India. 2 May 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- Noted Actor-magician Dead - Alex - Tamil Movie News - Behindwoods.com
- Actor Alex passes away
- Alex passes away - Tamil Movie News
- Behindwoods : Alex - actor magician
- Actor-cum-magician Alex dies of liver problems - Oneindia Entertainment