Ashutosh Lobo Gajiwala
|Known for||Slumdog Millionaire|
Ashutosh Lobo Gajiwala (Hindi: आशुतोष लोबो गज्जीवालाcode: hi is deprecated ) (born 17 May 1993) is an Indian film actor and entrepreneur. Gajiwala is best known for his 2008 role as the young Salim Malik in the film Slumdog Millionaire. He received the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for the film.
Gajiwala is based in Mumbai and resides with his family in Mumbai's Mahalaxmi area. His father, Kalpesh Gajiwala, is a plastic surgeon, and his mother Astrid Lobo is a doctor. He has two older sisters, Gayatri and Nivedita. Gajiwala attended the Campion School in Colaba. As a child, he was known for being an active theatre actor and singer. He later attended St. Xavier's College, Mumbai, and graduated with a bachelor's degree in Mass Media. Even in his early days, Gajiwala evinced a keen interest in entrepreneurial ventures and the start-up ecosystem. The work of Dr. Verghese Kurien and the Amul Model served as an inspiration to explore the aggregator-effect in civil movements and the use of technology in mass empowerment. In 2016, a long-standing dream of Gajiwala's saw the light of day when Polit completed its first round of funding. Gajiwala's venture, Polit, is an online voting platform that lets people ask and answer polls based on personal preference. Polit functions as a real-time national level register of public opinion, providing data on the collective perception of key issues and programmes.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
- 2008: Slumdog Millionaire
References[edit | edit source]
- Jaisinghani, Bella (13 January 2009). "Mumbai kids in Slumdog Millionaire cast". The Times of India.
- Jaisinghani, Bella (12 January 2009). "Slumdog kids look for Golden glory". The Times of India.
- Lalwani, Vickey (27 February 2009). "ICSE in 5 days, but I'm prepared: Says 15-yr-old Ashutosh, who played Salim in Slumdog". Mumbai Mirror. Archived from the original on 6 September 2012.
- Bija Chitrodia, Rucha (14 November 2009). "Mixed doubles: The surname is supposed to lay bare one's paternal antecedents. But how does one place an Ashutosh Lobo Gajiwala?". The Times of India.
- Rao, Shashank (27 February 2009). "After glamour and glory, Slumdog kids back to books". Mid Day.
[edit | edit source]
|This article about an Indian actor is a stub. You can help FAMEPedia by expanding it.|