|Born||November 16, 1989 .|
Firozabad, Uttar Pradesh.
|Labels||Zee Music Company|
Deepak Agrawal (born 1989) is an Indian music director, composer and lyricist, who mainly works in Bollywood films. He started his career as an lyricist in 2013 before establishing himself as an independent composer.
Musical beginning[edit | edit source]
Deepak was born in Firozabad, Uttar Pradesh to middle-class family. He accomplished his Standard 12th form Firozabad S.R.K college. Later hi left his studies to devote himself and time to his writing and music. His father recognized his talent and sent him to Richard Music Academy in Firozabad to study Music. He took Hindustani Classical music training from Rochak Music, Firozabad. Eventually, he made his way to Mumbai in 2009 to pursue his dreams as a musician.. He started out in tough and unfavorable conditions, yet finally managed to find an assignment as a lyricist.
Career[edit | edit source]
Deepak made his debut as a lyricist in 2013 with the title song 'Zindagi 50 50', composed by Vivek Kar and the song was sung by Bappi Lahiri for the movie, 'Zindagi 50 50.' In 2016, Deepak began working as a musician and lyricist and was actively exploring film opportunities. It was in 2016, director Kunal v Singh came forward to sign him as the music director for their film Khel Toh Ab Shuru Hoga. This film had Ruslaan Mumtaz and Devshi Khanduri in the lead roles. In 2017 he composed the title track of the film Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai. The film features Himansh Kohli, Arbaaz Khan, Manjari Phadnis and Ashutosh Rana and the title song was sung by K. K.. In 2018 Deepak's penned lyrics of the song "Sufy Salaam" for the movie "Tishnagi" sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. Another song Deepak penned for the movie "Jaane Kyun De Yaaron" is "Baari Baari" released in 2018. He also composed this songs cited below.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
As a composer[edit | edit source]
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2018||Jaane Kyun De Yaaron||Composed "Baari Baari"|||
|2017||Raktdhar||Composed the title track|||
|Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai||Composed the title track|||
|2016||Ek Kahani Julie Ki||Composed "Fannari"|||
|Khel Toh Ab Shuru Hoga||Composed the title track|||
As a lyricist[edit | edit source]
- Tishnagi (2018) wrote – "Sufi Salam"
- Jaane Kyun De Yaaron (2018) wrote – "Baari Baari"
- Raktdhar (2017) – wrote the title song
- Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai (2017) – wrote the title song
- Ek Kahani Julie Ki (2016) – wrote "Fannari"
- Khel Toh Ab Shuru Hoga (2016) – wrote title song
- Hum Bade Aashiq Mizaaj (2016) – wrote "Hichkiyan" 
- Ooops a Desi (2013) – wrote "Ud Le Re"
- Zindagi 50-50 (2013) – wrote the title song
Album[edit | edit source]
In 2013 Agrawal released a music album named "Dil Ka Sukoon." In the album he wrote all the songs 
Choice of singers[edit | edit source]
Style, orchestration and instrument[edit | edit source]
Deepak's song compositions featured extensive use of violin, flute, acoustic guitar, bass guitar and melodica. He also used symphonic style strings and piano orchestration of his songs. It is said that Deepak has preference to use mostly live musical instruments for his compositions.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Interview: Music composer-lyricist Deepak Agrawal shares his life journey". Deccan Chronicle. 2019-08-16.
- "Deepak Agrawal profile and biography". Veethi.com. 2019-04-10.
- "Music composer and lyricist Deepak Agrawal makes it big in Bollywood, details inside". Deccan Chronicle. 2019-04-25.
- "Music Composer Deepak Agrawal Finally Makes It Big In Bollywood". Koimoi. 2019-04-10.
- "Deepak Agrawal- Biography". filmibeat. 2018-05-10.
- "My music is dedicated to the heart: Deepak Agrawal". The Times of India. 2019-04-10.
- "बॉलीवुड में संगीत का जादू बिखेर रहे हैं युवा गीतकार दीपक अग्रवाल". Prabhat Khabar. 2018-06-06.
- "Deepak Agrawal showcases his combined musical, lyrics in multiple Bollywood films". Daiji World. 2019-09-23.
- "I Relish my Music Journey - Deepak Agrawal". UC News. 2019-09-24.
- "Bollywood lyricist and music composer Deepak Agrawal gives credit to his father in his musical career". The Statesman (India). 2020-10-06.
- "छोटे शहर के दीपक से सीखिए कैसे सपनों के शहर मुंबई में लहराया परचम". Rajasthan Patrika. 2018-09-26.
- "Deepak Agrawal: This phase has given us the opportunity to work on our own talents". The Times Of India. 2020-10-14.
- Hungama, Bollywood. "Zindagi 50-50 2013 Critic Music Review - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Khel To Abb Shuru Hoga 2016 Critic Music Review". Bollywood Hungama. 2016-05-05.
- "Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes. 2017-02-15. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "Music Composer Deepak Agrawal Makes It Big In Bollywood". Bollywood Helpline.com. 2019-04-10.
- "The Music & The Musical Journey by Deepak Agrawal". UC News.
- "Deepak Agrawal Movies, News, Songs & Images - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama.
- "This 9 years journey was so much more than just being music director - Deepak Agrawal". 5dariyanews. 2019-09-27.
- "Baari Baari - Jaane Kyun De Yaaron Song - Saavn". saavn.
- "Fannari (From "Ek Kahani Julie Ki")". iTunes.
- "Khel To Abb Shuru Hoga-Title Song". saavn.
- "Lyricist : Deepak Agrawal : Lyrics and video of Hindi Film Songs". Hindi Geetmala.
- "Dil Ka Sukoon -Audio Jukebox". YouTube. YnRJukeBox. 2014. Retrieved 3 July 2019.