This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2020)
Real Estate Investing
|Founder||Shelby E. L. Pruett|
(Chairman & CEO)
|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
History[edit | edit source]
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, EGM manages real estate investment programs designed for institutional and individual investors. EGM follows the formation of Equity Capital Management (ECM) which was co-founded by Shelby E. L. Pruett in 1999 and thereafter operated on a day-to-day basis by Pruett.
Focus[edit | edit source]
EGM invests in investment grade credit, single-tenant net lease commercial real estate assets with a focus on office, industrial, and retail properties. EGM's investments are made through direct acquisitions, build-to-suit investments, and sale leaseback transactions.
Funds[edit | edit source]
EGM invests through a series of private limited liability companies and REIT's and invests in one off acquisitions, portfolio and/or entity transactions, and joint ventures with other operators and institutions. EGM follows the formation of ECM. From inception through 2011, ECM sponsored four investment funds that invested in the same types of properties as the company, as well as the filing of a registration statement for a public offering of ECM Realty Trust Inc, a real estate investment trust to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange (ECMR). The assets to be contributed to ECMR were sold to an NYSE REIT prior to ECMR's initial listing. ECM launched the ECM Income & Growth Fund in 2003, the ECM Diversified Income & Growth Fund in 2006, the ECM Income & Growth Fund III in 2008, and ECM Income & Growth Fund IV in 2011.
References[edit | edit source]
Further reading[edit | edit source]
- Size Matters GlobeSt.com
- The Triple Net REITs: Buying 'All-Star' REITs At 'Bench Warmer' Prices Seeking Alpha
- Net Lease Real Estate Icons. Real Estate Forum, April, 2013
- Chicago's Real Estate Icons. Real Estate Forum, December, 2012
- Net Lease Properties Become a Hot Commodity Due to Low Yields on Alternative Investments National Real Estate Investor, September 2012
- How To Win In Net Lease Investments GlobeSt.com
- "Shopping Center Owner Reveals Plans for the Future", Wall Street Journal
- "Some Real-Estate Firms Make IPO U-Turn", Wall Street Journal
- "REIT's 20-Year Track Record..." Net Lease Review, November, 2011
[edit | edit source]
- Equity Global Management (company website)