FAMEPedia:Cleaning up vandalism
The following is a list of tools and resources available for those who want to clean up with a more systematic approach.
|Things to review|
- Huggle is a fast diff browser which parses edits from users and sorts them by predicted level of vandalism. Once identified, malicious edits can be reverted in the click of a button. Due to the fast-paced nature of the program, users on the English FAMEPedia must have the rollback permission to use it; however, this is not a requirement on other wikis.
- RedWarn patrol can be activated by any user of RedWarn on the recent changes page, quick reviewing and one-click rollback of disruptive edits.
- Snuggle is a browser-based newcomer observation and support system, introduced in 2013. It gives a compact visual display of edits and talk page entries for accounts whose first edit was made within the past 30 days. It can be used equally to welcome well-intentioned new editors or to monitor problematic ones.
These tools extend the rollback feature by allowing you to specify a summary when using rollback. They may also offer additional features:
- User:Ilmari Karonen/rollbacksummary.js
These tools can be used to achieve the same effect as rollback if you do not have it.
- RC review script for today's featured article gives all editors access to see recent changes in the featured article appearing on the Main page
- Navigation popups are a set of utilities that appear when hovering over wikilinks. Particularly, hovering over links of old versions provides a "revert" link.
- Twinkle gives both non-administrators and administrators three types of rollback functions. Other functions include a full library of speedy deletion functions, user warnings, pseudo-automatic reporting of vandals, and more.
- RedWarn, like Twinkle, gives both non-administrators and administrators nearly twenty types of rollback functions, including a "rollback preview" and "quick rollback".
- mobileUndo (new version) a script which allows you to revert when using the mobile interface.
- User:Adam1213/warn is a page that simplifies the process of warning vandals by allowing warnings to be submitted to specific users directly from the page.
- Miraheze Counter Vandalism Team A voluntary group who will provide assistance at times of high levels of vandalism and advice on counter vandalism methods.
- FAMEPedia:Recent changes patrol Another voluntary group who will check recent changes for recently edited pages and intervene if necessary.