FAMEPedia:List of policies and guidelines
|This page includes a listing of policies and guidelines for FAMEPedia. Policy and guideline pages describe FAMEPedia's principles and best-agreed practices. Policies are standards that all users should normally follow, while guidelines are meant to be best practices for following those standards in specific contexts.|
|Policies and guidelines (list)|
|Other policy categories|
Terminology[edit | edit source]
FAMEPedia's rules and best practices are specified in two types of documents:
Policy[edit | edit source]
A policy documents a rule or standard with wide acceptance among FAMEPedia editors that all users should normally follow.
Guideline[edit | edit source]
A guideline is a set of best practices that are supported by the consensus of FAMEPedia editors. Editors should attempt to follow guidelines, though they are best treated with common sense. Occasional exceptions may apply. Naming conventions are considered guidelines.
The basics[edit | edit source]
The Five Pillars[edit | edit source]
The Five Pillars are the five fundamental principles of FAMEPedia:
List[edit | edit source]
- Large-print links are broad, fundamental policies and guidelines that apply throughout FAMEPedia.
- Normal-print links are policies and guidelines that are general in scope but may apply to more specific situations.
- Small-print links are policies and guidelines that are specific to a subject area or process on FAMEPedia.
Project content guidelines[edit | edit source]
Template guidelines[edit | edit source]
Reference Desk guidelines[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Community standards and advice – a quick directory of community norms and related guidance essays.
- Advice pages – about advice pages written by WikiProjects.
- Introduction to policies and guidelines – a quick introduction to the major policies and guidelines for very new users.
- Related essays
- Simplified rule-set – some basic aspect of FAMEPedia norms and practices.
- Eight rules for editing – if you start out by following these simple rules, the rest should come naturally.
- Ten rules for editing – FAMEPedia can be daunting, but here we provide tips to make editing smoother.
- Trifecta – ultra-fast overview of foundational principles related to policies and guidelines.
- The rules are principles – policies and guidelines exist as rough approximations of their underlying principles.