|Skip to: Table of contents / current discussions / old business. |
|Please do not nominate your user page (or subpages of it) for deletion here. Instead, add |
|Templates and modules|
Miscellany for deletion (MfD) is a place where FAMEPedians decide what should be done with problematic pages in the namespaces which aren't covered by other specialized deletion discussion areas. Items sent here are usually discussed for seven days; then they are either deleted by an administrator or kept, based on community consensus as evident from the discussion, consistent with policy, and with careful judgment of the rough consensus if required.
A filtered version of the page that excludes nominations of pages in the draft namespace is available at FAMEPedia:Miscellany for deletion no drafts.
Information on the process[edit | edit source]
What may be nominated for deletion here:
- Pages not covered by other XFD venues, including pages in these namespaces: Book:, Draft:, Help:, Portal:, MediaWiki:, FAMEPedia: (including WikiProjects), User:, TimedText:, Education Program:, Gadget:, Gadget definition:, and the various Talk: namespaces
- Userboxes (regardless of namespace)
- Files in the File namespace that have a local description page but no local file (if there is a local file, FAMEPedia:Files for discussion is the right venue)
- Any other page, that is not in article space, where there is dispute as to the correct XfD venue.
Requests to undelete pages deleted after discussion here, and debate whether discussions here have been properly closed, both take place at FAMEPedia:Deletion review, in accordance with FAMEPedia's undeletion policy.
Before nominating a page for deletion[edit | edit source]
Before nominating a page for deletion, please consider these guidelines:
|Deleting pages in your own userspace|
|Deleting pages in other people's userspace||
|Policies, guidelines and process pages||
|WikiProjects and their subpages||
|Alternatives to deletion||
|Alternatives to MfD||
Please familiarize yourself with the following policies[edit | edit source]
- FAMEPedia:Deletion policy – our deletion policy that describes how we delete things by consensus
- FAMEPedia:Deletion process – our guidelines on how to list anything for deletion
- FAMEPedia:Guide to deletion – a how-to guide whose protocols on discussion format and shorthands also apply here
- FAMEPedia:Project namespace – our guidelines on "FAMEPedia" namespace pages
- FAMEPedia:User page – our guidelines on user pages and user subpages
- FAMEPedia:Userboxes – our guideline on userboxes
How to list pages for deletion[edit | edit source]
Please check the aforementioned list of deletion discussion areas to check that you are in the right area. Then follow these instructions:
Instructions on listing pages for deletion:
To list a page for deletion, follow this three-step process: (replace PageName with the name of the page, including its namespace, to be deleted)
Note: Users must be logged in to complete step II. An unregistered user who wishes to nominate a page for deletion should complete step I and post their reasoning on FAMEPedia talk:Miscellany for deletion with a notification to a registered user to complete the process.
Administrator instructions[edit | edit source]
Administrator instructions for closing and relisting discussions can be found here.
Archived discussions[edit | edit source]
A list of archived discussions can be located at FAMEPedia:Miscellany for deletion/Archived debates.
Current discussions[edit | edit source]
- Pages currently being considered for deletion are indexed by the day on which they were first listed. Please place new listings at the top of the section for the current day. If no section for the current day is present, please start a new section.