Himjyoti Talukdar (Template:Lang-as) is an Indian film director, producer and scriptwriter from Assam. He made his directorial debut with the Assamese film, Calendar which was released on 16 February 2018. It received seven awards at Prag Cine Awards North East 2018 including "Best Debut Director".
Biography[edit | edit source]
Early life and education[edit | edit source]
Talukdar was born in Biswanath Chariali, Assam. He completed his school education in Chariali HSMP School. After completing his graduation in Economics from Biswanath College, he moved to New Delhi for his Master of Business Administration course. He completed MBA in Human Resource and PGPM in Marketing from Cosmic Business School.
Career[edit | edit source]
In 2010, Himjyoti Talukdar started an online archive of Assamese culture named "Enajori.com" which contains old articles, photos, songs and even old movies. Subsequently, three more websites were launched which are Xurorenajori.info containing old Assamese songs, Sahityarathi.com on literary works of Lakshminath Bezbaroa, and Dipali Barthakur.info about the Assamese singer Dipali Barthakur. In 2016, he launched an android app under enajori.com initiative as Sahityarathi which contains literary works of Sahityarathi Lakshminath Bezbaroa.
In 2016, he ventured into Assamese filmmaking with "Marksheet" where he was the writer and co-producer. His directorial debut "Calendar", under the banner of ‘Enajori Talkies’, was released across Assam on 16 February 2018.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
|2016||Till We Meet Again Parag (Documentary)||English||Yes||Co-Writer|
References[edit | edit source]
- Sarkar, Dipankar (5 July 2018). "Assam's debutant director, a low budget movie and its sprawling success story". The Northeast today. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- Dutta, Manash Pratim (29 May 2018). "Salute to NE talents at Prag awards". The Telegraph. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- Bureau, Alankar (6 January 2018). "Calendar bags maximum seven awards". Alankar (Assamese).
- Today, North East (29 May 2018). "Govinda at Prag Cine Awards 2018". North East Today. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- Datta, Utpal (1 February 2018). "Interview with Himjyoti Talukdar". Bismoi (Assamese).
- Guha, Nabarun (31 July 2017). "Meet Himjyoti Talukdar, the Man Responsible for Online Archive of Assamese Culture". Eclectic North East. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- Ghoshal, Somak (25 May 2013). "Webzines | world wide words". Livemint. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- Das, Nabina (8 February 2013). "Enajori.com Promotes Language, Literature, and the Heritage of Assam". Prairie Schooner. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- Reporter, Staff (19 May 2013). "Comprehensive website on Sahityarathi launched". The Assam Tribune. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- Bureau, TOI (28 April 2016). "Bezbaroa's literary works now on app". Times of India. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- Deka, Prantik (13 October 2015). "New Assamese Film 'Marksheet'". Kothasobi. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- Kalita, Kalyan Kumar (19 February 2018). "Himjyoti Talukdar's 'Calendar' released". Gplus. Retrieved 2 June 2018.