24 April 1989
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
Childhood[edit | edit source]
Barmecha was born in Ladnun, Rajasthan, and grew up in Delhi. He attended Bal Bharati Public School, Brij Vihar. He has had a passion for acting since childhood. Though his father, Narendra Barmecha is a Businessman, he supported Rajat to take up his dream. His mother Shanti Barmecha is a homemaker.
Barmecha is a Hindu and has described himself as "spiritual".
Career[edit | edit source]
At 18 years of age, Rajat moved to Mumbai to pursue a career in jewellery designing but dropped the idea within a few days. He started his acting career by featuring in several commercials fr brands like Frooti, Sonata and Max New York life insurance.
At the age of 21, he made his debut in the film Udaan. His character a 17-year-old Rohan (played by Barmecha) who has been expelled from boarding school after being caught watching an adult film. He is forced to return home to an authoritarian father and a half-brother he had been unaware of. For his role in the film, he was nominated for a Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer – Male. He then made a cameo appearance in Shaitan. He will next star in a film tentatively titled Leader which will be presented by Imtiaz Ali and directed by his associate Rajesh Tibrewal. The film is expected to release in 2018.[needs update]
Barmecha is a known face when it comes to Web-series. He first appeared in a special appearance as Kartik in the web-series Girl In The City, with Mithila Palkar in 2016.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
|2010||Udaan||Rohan||Award for Best Male Debut|
|2011||The Finish Line||Ayaan||Won a National Award(Short Film)|
|2016||Girl In The City||Kartik (Special Appearance)||Web Series|
|2017||Leader (Tentative Title)||Romi||Post production|
|2017||Girl In The City (Chapter 2)||Kartik (Special Appearance)||Web Series|
|2018||Love, Lust and Confusion||Jonathan /Johnny||Web series(on viu app)|
|2018||Girl In The City 3||Kartik||Web Series|
|2019||Hey Prabhu!||Tarun Prabhu||Web series on MX Player|
|2020||Hey Prabhu 2||Tarun Prabhu||(In production)|
References[edit | edit source]
- Sharma, Garima (11 May 2011). "It's weird when people stare: Rajat Barmecha". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 October 2011.
- "I couldn't relate to Udaan's Rohan: Barmecha - Indian Express". archive.indianexpress.com. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- "I miss you Delhi: Rajat Barmecha". Jagran Post. 24 December 2011. Archived from the original on 22 April 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- IndiaContent (21 May 2020). "Happy Birthday, Rajat Barmecha -". Archived from the original on 28 July 2020. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- "Rajat Barmecha plays a cameo in Shaitan". Indian Express. 11 February 2011.
- "Udaan star has 'babe' for buddy". India Today. 28 March 2012. Archived from the original on 29 March 2012. Retrieved 29 March 2012.