The topic of this article may not meet FAMEPedia's notability guideline for biographies. (October 2020)
|Born||July 7, 1976|
|Other names||Rams, Ramachandran Durairaj, Raams|
|Occupation||Film actor, producer|
Ramachandran Durairaj is an Indian film actor who has appeared in Tamil language films. After working as an associate director, he made his breakthrough as an actor with a leading role in Suseenthiran's Naan Mahaan Alla (2010). He later won acclaim for playing a leading role in Gopi Nainar's Aramm (2017).
Career[edit | edit source]
Ramachandran moved to Chennai from Theni in 2000 and alongside his day job, he had a keen interest in photography. He became acquainted with director S. R. Prabhakaran and through their association, he became interested in working in the Tamil film industry as a cinematographer. He however began working as an assistant director in the television series Kolangal, and subsequently networked his way into appearing in acting roles in films. He briefly worked as Vijay Milton's assistant cinematographer in Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu (2009), before playing a key role in Suseenthiran's Naan Mahaan Alla (2010), as an antagonist. In 2014, Ramachandran appeared in two films which garnered him attention. Karthik Subbaraj's Jigarthanda and H. Vinoth's Sathuranga Vettai both saw the actor playing a henchman, who moves away from his violent personality.
His friendship with director Gopi Nainar meant that he was cast in the social drama film Aramm (2017), which had Nayanthara in the lead role. Ramachandran played the secondary lead character of a farmer whose daughter becomes stuck in an uncovered well, and paired opposite actress Sunu Lakshmi. The film won critical acclaim, with Ramachandran winning plaudits from critics for his performance.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
|2010||Aval Peyar Thamizharasi|
|Paiyaa||Rowdies gang member|
|Naan Mahaan Alla||Pei Babu|
|Indru Netru Naalai||Kuzhandaivelu's henchman|
|Aviyal||Acted in segment Eli|
|2017||Ivan Yarendru Therikiratha||Bombay Boys member|
|2018||Nagesh Thiraiyarangam||Bar owner|
|Iravukku Aayiram Kangal||Guru|
|Marainthirunthu Paarkum Marmam Enna||Jeeva|
References[edit | edit source]
- "Nayanthara madam always encouraged me: Actor Ramachandran of Aramm - Only Kollywood". 21 November 2017.
- P, Dineshkumar (13 November 2017). "" 'பேய் பாபு'ல ஆரம்பிச்சது, 'சூப்பர்'னு நயன்தாராவை சொல்ல வைச்சிருக்கு!" - 'அறம்' ராம்ஸ்".
- BollywoodLife. "Naan Mahaan Alla actor Ramachandran lauds Nayanthara's commitment and dedication in Aramm".
- "Actor Ramachandran talks Aramm".
- ednaren. "Actor Ramachandran praises Aramm Team". entertainment.chennaipatrika.com.
- "Aramm Review: Nayanthara Gets A Hero's Treatment In This Poignant Drama". 11 November 2017.
- "Aramm: A powerful film that doesn't flinch from asking tough questions".
- "Review : Aramm review: A brilliant film that inspires you to wake up (2017)". www.sify.com.