|Headquarters||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Karthik Subbaraj (founder)|
Kartikeyan Santhanam (CEO)
History[edit | edit source]
Stone Bench Creations and its sister production houses were formed to help short film makers in making revenue, adding subtitles, and help out with casting. Six short films were chosen from two-thousand on the website benchflix.com to be used in the film Bench Talkies (2015). The film featured a short film directed by Subbaraj, who also distributed the film under this banner. The production house's next film was Aviyal (2016), which was also an anthology film consisting of five short films. The studio made its feature film debut win Rathna Kumar's Meyaadha Maan (2017) before co-producing Mercury with Pen India Limited. The production house ventured into web series with Kallachirippu (2018). The studio acquired the Tamil distribution rights of the Malayalam independent film Chola (2019). The film was rechristened as Alli in Tamil. Subbaraj then produced the thriller film Penguin (2020), which released on Prime Video due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The film was co-produced by Passion Studios.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
|2018||Mercury||co-produced by Pen India Limited|||
|2020||Penguin||co-produced by Passion Studios
bilingual film in Tamil and Telugu
|Putham Pudhu Kaalai|||
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Stone Bench Creations produced the Tamil dubbed version of the film.
References[edit | edit source]
- Nath, Parshathy J. (4 March 2015). "Short cut to success". The Hindu.
- "'Aviyal' teaser – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "'Mercury': Karthik Subbaraj's next with Prabhudheva gets a release date – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Prabhudheva promises thrilling experience with Mercury". 22 March 2018.
- "Meyaadha Maan director Rathna Kumar: I wouldn't call releasing a film along with Mersal a gamble". Hindustan Times. 1 November 2017.
- "Kallachirippu review: This Karthik Subbaraj production is a kickass entertainer". 29 July 2018.
- Kumar, Pradeep (7 December 2019). "Karthik Subbaraj releases Sanal Kumar Sasidharan's 'Chola' in Tamil". The Hindu.
- S, Srivatsan (4 January 2020). "'Alli' deserves an audience here: Karthik Subbaraj on presenting 'Chola' in Tamil". The Hindu.
- K., Janani. "Penguin trailer out: Pregnant Keerthy Suresh battles a psycho killer in the thriller". India Today.
- "Keerthy Suresh next titled Penguin". The Times of India. 17 October 2019. Archived from the original on 4 June 2020. Retrieved 4 June 2020.
- "'Penguin' has been one of the most exciting projects I've worked on: Keerthy Suresh". The New Indian Express.
- "dna". DNA India. 5 October 2020.