Sudipto Balav is an Indian actor who is known for his negative roles. He is known for his works primarily in Malayalam, Hindi, and Bengali-language films.
Career[edit | edit source]
In 1999, Sudipto Balav started acting in Kolkata and worked on several television shows. He also worked as a host for MTV Bakra before making his debut as an antagonist with the Malayalam film 2 Harihar Nagar (2009). He learned Malayalam to prepare for his role. He portrayed a ISI agent in Tere Bin Laden (2010). He worked on an English film titled Meridian Lines; however, the film remains unreleased. He has since starred in thirty films in various Indian languages and starred in the Hollywood film Extraction in the role of a henchman.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
|2007||Gandhi, My Father||Hindi|
|2009||2 Harihar Nagar||Freddy Honai||Malayalam|
|2010||Tere Bin Laden||ISI agent||Hindi|
References[edit | edit source]
- "'Extraction' actor Sudipto Balav: Content is key to survival". Telangana Today.
- "'Still in a state of shock,' says Sudipto Balav on former co-actor Irrfan's demise - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Menon, Anasuya (February 23, 2012). "The baddie you love to hate". The Hindu.
- "Sudipto Balav goes outdoorsy - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Menon, Anasuya (June 6, 2020). "'Shadek is obnoxious; he is tough': Sudipto Balav on 'Extraction'". The Hindu.