This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|File:Tagore Almeida December 2020.png|
|Occupation||Script Writer, Film Director|
Tagore Almeida, born on 7 October 1968 in the coastal state of Goa INDIA, is a feature film scriptwriter and a short filmmaker. His short film "USS DIN" starred Bollywood's Rajkummar Rao was released on India’s largest short film platform Royal Stag Barrel Select Large Short Films. As a scriptwriter, he is also known for Indian Hindi science fiction film Alag starring Akshay Kapoor and Dia Mirza.
Career[edit | edit source]
The short film "Uss Din" got listed as being amongst the Top 10 short films made by a person of Indian origin by the Times Of India. In 2012, it was awarded the 'Best Cast Ensemble' at the Asians On film festival in America. In 2016 it was showcased as a special screening at the All Lights film festival in Kochi India. It was also premiered at the prestigious Artivist Film Festival and Awards presented by the United Nations.
In 2012, His short film ‘A God Of Sinners’ (2012), was awarded the 'Best Cast Ensemble' at the Asians On film festival in America. In 2013, it showcased at the Cannes Short film festival and was screened as part of the festival screening. In 2016 it was showcased as a special screening at the All Lights film festival in Kochi India.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
His father Romeo was a journalist and passed away in mid-2016  while his mother Zelia worked at the Police department and lives in GOA. He has a younger sister Conie who also lives in Goa. He presently lives in Singapore with his wife Alia and daughter Tania and works with the DHL Supply Chain in the Information Technology department.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
|2013||A GOD OF SINNERS||English||Director|
|2009||THE MESSENGER||English||Director, Scriptwriter|
|2019||YOU CAN DAD (Web Series)||English||Director, Scriptwriter|
|2015||AN ENCOUNTER IN THE WILDERNESS||English||Director Scriptwriter|
|2007||BIN MOKSHA||English||Director Scriptwriter|
References[edit | edit source]
- "[Goanet] Goanet Reader: Verse, film, faith... and Goa: Tagore Almeida, a profile..." www.mail-archive.com.
- Brand Voice (12 December 2020). "The Uncultured cinematic life of Tagore Almeida". in.news.yahoo.com.
- "Calangute boy's film now a major draw in India's premier short film festival". oHeraldo. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- "Prudent Media | Gajali | Tagore Almeida | 271020". Prudent Media. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- Scroll Staff. "'Uss Din': Film reimagines India-Pakistan conflict as a quarrel between neighbours with violent end". Scroll.in. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- "Royal Stag Barrel Select Large Short Films | Uss Din | Rajkummar Rao | Vikram Gupta I Trailer - YouTube". www.youtube.com.
- "A short film by Goan filmmaker - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- Brand Voice (2020-10-29). "The Uncultured cinematic life of Tagore Almeida". ED Times | Youth Media Channel. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- "Tagore Almeida , ALIIFF Jury speaks of the festival - YouTube". www.youtube.com.
- "Goan Voice Newsletter: Saturday 03 Oct. 2020". www.goanvoice.org.uk.
- "Alag Movie Review | Dia Mirza | Akshay Kapoor | Sharat Saxena". www.bollywoodmantra.com. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- "Alag (2006) - Movie | Reviews, Cast & Release Date in Tharad - BookMyShow". in.bookmyshow.com. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- Alag: He Is Different Movie: Showtimes, Review, Trailer, Posters, News & Videos | eTimes, retrieved 2020-12-14
- "Alag director planning sequel". www.rediff.com. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- "Alag review. Alag Bollywood movie review, story, rating". IndiaGlitz.com. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- "Asians On Film Awards - Summer 2012". Asians on Film. October 30, 2012.
- "Royal Stag Barrel Select Large Short Films releases Rajkummar Rao starrer film 'Uss Din'". Mumbai Live. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- Kahlon, Sukhpreet. "Cinestaan Curates: Uss Din examines the frenzy of violence in an increasingly polarized world". Cinestaan. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- Team, Bitgog (December 20, 2019). "An interaction with filmmaker Tagore Almedia - the Goan who sold his Feni".
- "The Independent Critic - "A God of Sinners" Continues on the Festival Circuit". theindependentcritic.com. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- "A God of Sinners". KITAAB. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- "Poetry unfortunately doesn't have many takers: Writer-filmmaker Tagore Almeida". opoyi.com. Retrieved 2020-12-14.