University of Delhi is located in Delhi
The University of Delhi, informally known as Delhi University (DU), is a collegiate public central university located in New Delhi, India. It was founded in 1922 by an Act of the Central Legislative Assembly and is recognized as an Institute of Eminence (IoE) by the University Grants Commission (UGC). As a collegiate university, its main functions are divided between the academic departments of the university and affiliated colleges. Consisting of three colleges, two faculties, and 750 students at its founding, the University of Delhi has since become India's largest institution of higher learning and among the largest in the world. The university has 16 faculties and 86 departments distributed across its North and South campuses. It has 77 affiliated colleges and five other institutes. The Vice-President of India serves as the University's chancellor.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Delhi University Community Radio
- Delhi University Students' Union
- List of colleges affiliated to the University of Delhi
- List of institutions of higher education in Delhi
- Rameshwari Photocopy Service shop copyright case
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
Notable alumni[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Miraheze Commons has media related to University of Delhi.|
- No URL found. Please specify a URL here or add one to FAMEData.