Template:Infobox Hindu temple Valmiki Ashram(Template:Lang-ne) is a Hindu temple situated in Chitwan district of Nepal, inside Chitwan National Park. It is close to the Triveni Dham where Tamasa, Sona and Sapta Gandaki rivers meet. Deities worshipped here include Rama, Sita, and Valmiki. The festival of Rama Navami is also celebrated here.
According to Hindu mythology, it is the place where Rishi Valmiki lived and wrote the hindu epic Ramayana. It is believed that Sita, consort of lord Rama, came here to stay during pregnancy and it was the place where Lava and Kusha were born.
The temple is accessible by crossing the Triveni river and then by walking or taking a vehicle across the border via the nearby Gandaki barrage.
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Nepal Press Report. 1973. Retrieved 6 August 2020.
- Devi, Sanasam Sandhyarani (28 December 2011). India Nepal Relations. ISBN 9789382573357. Retrieved 7 August 2020.
- "About Triveni Dham". 19 June 2020. Retrieved 8 August 2020.
- "वाल्मीकि आश्रमको बेवास्ता". ekantipur.com (in Nepali). Retrieved 2020-08-19.
- "'रामायण'को रचना गर्ने वाल्मीकि को हुन् ?". Online Khabar. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- "Lumbini Development Trust- Birthplace of Buddha, Historical Place of Nepal, The World Heritage SiteLumbini Development Trust". lumbinidevtrust.gov.np. Retrieved 2020-11-06.