30 May 1985
|Family||See Allu–Konidela family|
Allu Sirish is an Indian film actor who works predominantly in the Telugu film industry along with a few Tamil and Malayalam films. He acted in movies like Pratibandh & Mayabazar (1995 film) as a child artist. He has also starred in a Telugu-Tamil tele serial directed by late actress and director Bhanumathi. However, this show was later shelved stating the directors health concerns. Before turning to acting, Allu Sirish co-produced the 2008 Bollywood blockbuster Ghajini (2008 film) starring Aamir Khan. Sirish starred along with Tamannaah for the Head & shoulders commercial for Telugu audience. He Was given “Crossover Star of the Year” Award at the popular Lulu Fashion Awards 2019 for his Malayalam entry.
Career[edit | edit source]
Allu Sirish debuted with Telugu–Tamil bilingual film Gouravam (2013) opposite Yami Gautam, produced by Prakash Raj and directed by Radha Mohan. Though a commercial failure, it managed to have a fair share of reviews from critics for its theme. Kotha Janta, a romantic comedy directed by Maruthi Dasari was about two different minded co-workers falling in love and the drama that ensues. . It was the 3rd most watched Telugu movie of the year through satellite screening, which is quite a feat for a small budget film. Srirasthu Subhamastu directed by Parasuram (director), was a love story with family drama. The film got a positive talk from morning shows. It was a hit at boxoffice and went onto collect Rs 20.2 crores during its run. Sirish was announced as the second lead opposite Mohanlal in 1971: Beyond Borders, directed by Major Ravi making this his debut in Malayalam. Sirish received good reviews from Behind woods and Kochi times stating that ’Sirish is decent and satisfactory’. In 2017 he starred in the film Okka Kshanam which was a sci-fi thriller based on the concept of parallel lives. The film was critically acclaimed. In 2019, He starred in the film ABCD – American Born Confused Desi which was a Telugu remake of Malayalam film with the same name starring Dulquer Salmaan. The film was a story of a rich spoilt brat who gets kicked out of his house and finds it hard to reform.Sirish once again was admired for his performance.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
As child artist[edit | edit source]
In lead role[edit | edit source]
|2013||Gouravam||Arjun||Tamil||Debut as lead actor|
|2017||1971: Beyond Borders||Lt. Chinmay||Malayalam||Malayalam debut|
|2019||ABCD – American Born Confused Desi||Avi/Arvind Prasad||Telugu||remake of Malayalam film of the same name|
Television[edit | edit source]
|2017||Filmfare Awards South||Telugu||Host|
References[edit | edit source]
- "Allu Sirish News". Archived from the original on 11 May 2020. Retrieved 23 August 2020.
- "HEAD & SHOULDERS - TAMANNAAH BHATIA". YouTube. Archived from the original on 3 October 2019. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "Allu Sirish gets "Crossover Star" Award in Kerala". Tollywood. Archived from the original on 27 July 2020. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "Allu Sirish to debut with Gauravam". Rediff. Archived from the original on 9 October 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Tollywood 2014 : The 'Hit' List". Andhra Box Office.
- "Kotha Janta gets good TRP ratings". Times of India.
- "Srirastu Subhamastu: The 'family' hangover". The Hindu.
- "Srirasthu Shubhamasthu Final Total WW Collections". Andhra Box Office. Archived from the original on 25 July 2020. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "Allu Sirish set for grand Malayalam debut with Mohanlal". International Business Times. Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 2 September 2019.
- "1971 BEYOND BORDERS MOVIE REVIEW". Behind Woods. Archived from the original on 2 February 2020. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "1971: BEYOND BORDERS MOVIE REVIEW". Times of india. Archived from the original on 3 May 2020. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "Okka Kshanam: Can you change destiny?". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 2 June 2018. Retrieved 2 September 2019.
- "Box Office Report: Allu Sirish's 'Okka Kshanam' shines at overseas markets". Pinkvilla. Archived from the original on 27 July 2020. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "Box office clash: Allu Sirish's Okka Kshanam claims victory over Akhil Akkineni's movie Hello". Times Now. Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "ABCD: AMERICAN BORN CONFUSED DESI MOVIE REVIEW". Times of India. Archived from the original on 11 September 2019. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
[edit | edit source]
|This article about an Indian actor is a stub. You can help FAMEPedia by expanding it.|