Sanjay Dutt, whose full name is Sanjay Balraj Dutt, is an Indian actor in the Hindi film industry (Bollywood). He has led a remarkable and often tumultuous life, with numerous ups and downs.
Last Updated: October 23, 2023
Sanjay Dutt, whose full name is Sanjay Balraj Dutt, is an Indian actor in the Hindi film industry (Bollywood). He has led a remarkable and often tumultuous life, with numerous ups and downs. Here is a brief biography of Sanjay Dutt:
- Sanjay Dutt was born on July 29, 1959, in Bombay (now Mumbai), India. He is the son of renowned actors Sunil Dutt and Nargis Dutt.
- He has two sisters, Priya and Namrata Dutt.
- Sanjay Dutt made his Bollywood debut with the film “Rocky” in 1981, which was a success. He received the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for his performance.
- Sanjay Dutt gained immense popularity for his roles in films like “Naam,” “Khalnayak,” and “Saajan.” He became known for his unique style and charisma on screen.
- One of his most iconic roles was as “Munna Bhai” in the “Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.” series.
- Despite his acting success, he faced legal troubles, including his involvement in the 1993 Bombay bombings.
- Sanjay Dutt’s involvement in the 1993 Bombay bombings led to his arrest. He was convicted for illegal possession of firearms and spent time in prison.
- Sanjay Dutt’s personal life was often in the spotlight. He has been married three times, first to Richa Sharma, then to Rhea Pillai, and currently to Manyata Dutt.
- He has three children: Trishala Dutt (from his first marriage), and twins Shahraan and Iqra (from his third marriage).
Return to Films:
- After serving his prison sentence, Sanjay Dutt made a successful return to Bollywood with films like “Bhoomi” and “Prassthanam.”
Awards and Accolades:
- Sanjay Dutt has received several awards during his career, including Filmfare Awards and the prestigious National Film Award.
- Sanjay Dutt is considered one of the most versatile actors in Bollywood and has a devoted fan following.
Sanjay Dutt’s life has been a rollercoaster ride, with remarkable achievements in his career and personal struggles. He remains a significant figure in the Indian film industry and continues to work in films, leaving an enduring impact on Bollywood.